Chewy ANZAC Biscuits
Chewy, eggless oatmeal biscuits
This recipe contains rolled oats, flour, raw sugar, butter, baking soda, desiccated coconut, corn syrup, water
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 90 g. rolled oats
- 150 g. plain flour
- 150 g. raw sugar
- 125 g. butter
- 1 tsp. & 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 50 g. desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp. corn syrup
- 2 tbsp. boiling water
- 1. Pre heat oven to 160C.
- 2. Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- 3. Pan roast desiccated coconut until golden in colour. Set aside to cool.
- 4. In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together (except bicarbonate soda).
- 5. Use a medium size saucepan and melt butter with corn syrup.
- 6. Take off from heat and add bicarbonate soda (caution this will froth).
- 7. Add 2 tablespoon boiling water.
- 8. Pour the butter mixture into the oat mixture.
- 9. Mix until well combined.
- 10. Roll into walnut size ball and flatten.
- 11. Place 5cm apart on the baking tray.
- 12. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- 13. If baking 2 trays at a time...best to rotate trays between shelves.
- 14. Bake until the cookies are golden brown.
- 15. Leave them to cool on the tray for few minutes before transferring to the cooling rack.