Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Salad
Clean, fresh and flavorful… Thinly sliced raw Brussels sprouts, Granny Smith apples, and sweet grapes offset by a mustard and apple cider vinegar vinaigrette. Toss in some chopped chicken breasts and lunch is served!
This recipe contains , brussel sprouts, chicken breasts, apples (granny smith), grapes (green), almonds, white onions, , apple cider vinegar, brown mustard, avocado oil, honey, sea salt, pepper
Prep time: 15 min
- 1/2 lb. brussels sprouts (2-ish cups once sliced)
- 2 whole chicken breasts, chopped
- 1/2 whole Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup(s) quartered green grapes
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped almonds
- 1/2 whole white onion, finely diced
- For Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. brown mustard
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- black pepper
- 1. Cut the brussels sprouts in half, core and thinly slice.
- 2. Do the same with the Granny Smith apple, slicing into matchsticks. The peel doesn’t bother me, so I keep it on. Grab a handful of grapes and quarter them, you should end up with about a half cup.
- 3. Chop the half cup of almonds.
- 4. Finely dice the white onion. Scallions would work too if you prefer a more mild onion flavor… though the white did not overpower.
- 5. Combine in a large bowl before adding the chicken.
- 6. I used a rotisserie chicken when I wrote this recipe and would recommend it, however, roasting your own works just as well. Chop cooled chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and add to the salad.
- 7. Whipping up the vinaigrette takes seconds. Add all ingredients, except the avocado oil, to a small bowl and whisk. Stream in the avocado oil last, whisking until smooth.
- 8. Pour over the salad and toss to bring together.