Chicken & Spinach Roll Ups
This one is a great quick and good for you meal! These Chicken and Spinach Rolls Ups require just a handful of ingredients and come together really quickly. They are baked and the crispness is no doubt there. I made a very simple tomato sauce to dip these into. To make this one even easier and quicker, I went ahead and took advantage of store-bought natural rotisserie chicken.You can really make these with any filling... buffalo chicken with a bleu cheese dip, chicken with salsa topped with cheddar cheese, veggies with provolone.... its endless, let the creative juices flow!
This recipe contains wheat tortillas, chicken, spinach, tomatoes (puree), garlic, cheese (blend, cheddar, shredded), basil, olive oil, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 2 hr 30 min
- 6 whole wheat tortilla wraps
- 2 cup(s) heaping cups chopped chicken
- 10 oz. spinach, rough chopped
- 1 can(s) undefinedoz. tomato puree
- 8 garlic, sliced and divided
- 1 cup(s) 6 cheese Italian blend
- 12 oz. basil, sliced
- olive oil
- black pepper
- 1. First for the sauce. In a sauce pan, over medium heat, add in enough olive oil to just coat the bottom and half the garlic. Cook until fragrant and just slightly browned.
- 2. Add in the tomato puree and basil. Season with salt and pepper and simmer on low for 1-2 hours.
- 3. In a saute pan, over medium heat, add in a few drizzles of olive oil and the remaining garlic. Sauté until lightly golden then add in the spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until just wilted.
- 4. Add the chopped chicken, sautéed spinach and the cheese to a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- 5. To assemble, lay out each wrap and spoon an equal amount of the filling onto each. Roll them up and place them seam down onto a baking sheet. Oven at 375 degrees, bake for approx. 18 minutes or until golden and crisp.