Chicken & Veggie Meatloaf Muffins
Somedays its not as easy to get in all the veggies that you should be getting. These meatloaf muffins are full of carrots, red bell pepper, parsley and garbanzo bean flour. The great thing about them is that you can use whatever it is you have on hand. My fridge is currently on empty so I used whatever I had. These would be great with zucchini & squash, broccoli and maybe a little cheddar, peppers & onions...
This recipe contains chicken (ground), carrots (baby), bell peppers (red), garlic (fresh), parsley (fresh), eggs, flour (garbanzo bean), salt, , tomatoes (puree), zucchini, garlic (fresh), oregano (dried), black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr 25 min
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 10 - 12 whole baby carrots or 3 large carrots
- 1/2 whole red bell pepper
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 12 oz. fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup(s) garbanzo bean flour (baking aisle at the grocery store)
- for the sauce:
- 1 can(s) undefinedoz. 28 oz.. tomato puree
- 1 whole zucchini, diced
- 3 clove(s) garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp. oregano
- black pepper
- 1. To make the sauce...
- 2. Into a pot add a small drizzle of olive oil. Add in the oregano, garlic and zucchini and cook until softened and lightly golden.
- 3. Add in the tomato puree, season with salt and pepper. Simmer for an hour or two.
- 4. Now for the meatloaf muffins...
- 5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 6. Pop the carrots, bell pepper, garlic and parsley into a food processor and pulse until very finely chopped. Place into a bowl.
- 7. Add the ground chicken, egg, garbanzo bean flour, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix until just combined.
- 8. Spray a muffin pan lightly with olive oil to prevent sticking. Scoop the meatloaf mixture into the pan.
- 9. Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.