Chicken A La Suisse
Similar to chicken cordon bleu, but served in a buttery white wine sauce.View the full post here: http://savorytraditions.wordpress.com/2013/10/30/chicken-a-la-suisse/
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), swiss cheese, white whole wheat flour, ham, white wine dry, paprika, butter, chicken (boullion, cubes), cornstarch, heavy cream
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 6 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 slice(s) Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) white flour
- 12 slice(s) slices ham
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1 whole chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1. Using a meat tenderizer, pound the chicken breasts flat.
- 2. Onto each chicken breast, layer 2 slices of the Swiss cheese and 2 slices of the ham.
- 3. Fold the chicken breasts so that the chicken covers the cheese and ham, and fasten the edges securely with toothpicks.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix the flour and paprika.
- 5. Coat each chicken breast thoroughly with the flour mixture.
- 6. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Make sure that it is a large skillet, because 6 chicken breasts have to fit in there.
- 7. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet, and cook, turning, until all sides are golden brown.
- 8. Turn the chicken breasts so that they are seam side up in the skillet, and add the wine and bouillon cube.
- 9. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- 10. Remove the chicken from the skillet, and remove the toothpicks from the chicken.
- 11. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and the heavy cream until smooth.
- 12. Whisk the cream mixture into the remaining liquid in the skillet.
- 13. Cook, stirring, until the sauce becomes thickened.
- 14. Serve each chicken breast with a generous amount of sauce.