Chicken Brown "Fried" Rice
Ok, time for this very yummy healthier "fried" rice! The fun part of this rice is the chopped up fresh pineapple. It adds just a bit of sweetness and works wonderfully with the salty soy sauce. In this recipe, I made use of some left over garlicy chicken but you can certainly start out with uncooked chicken.
This recipe contains brown rice, chicken breasts, peas (green, frozen), pineapple (fresh), carrots, eggs, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 cup(s) uncooked brown rice
- 4 whole cooked thin sliced chicken breast, diced
- 10 oz. pkg frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 whole carrots, peeled and small dice
- 3 eggs
- 5 clove(s) garlic, sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1. Cook the rice according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil. (If you need to cook the chicken, dice it up and toss in now. Cook for just a few minutes before continuing with the recipe) Add in the garlic and carrots and cook until the carrots are softened.
- 3. Crack the eggs into the pan and mix in with the vegetables. Once the egg is cooked through, add in the diced chicken. Allow the chicken to warm through a bit.
- 4. Stir in the cooked rice and pineapple. Add in the soy sauce and peas. Cook until all the ingredients are warmed through, about 5-8 minutes.