Chicken Cacciatore with Kissino Spaghetti Sauce
Carlo Giuffre's chicken cacciatore recipe using Kissino sauce is all natural, healthful, wholesome and satisfying. Plus, it makes leftovers!!
This recipe contains chicken, pasta sauce, onions (yellow), garlic, olive oil, chicken stock, wine (red)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 1 hr 10 min
- 1 whole chicken, butchered
- 1 oz. jar Kissino Mushroom Spaghetti sauce (25 ounces)
- 2 whole large yellow onions, chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup(s) red wine
- 1. Butcher the chicken into regular cuts (thighs, wings, etc). In a large skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat before adding anything to the pan.
- 2. Place the chicken pieces in the skillet and brown, 5 minutes each side or until skin is golden brown, careful to keep watch so as to not over-cook.
Note: depending on how large your chicken is, you may need to separate the recipe between 2 skillets.
- 3. Once chicken is browned, remove skillet from heat. Place all pieces of chicken in a large bowl or dish and set aside.
- 4. In the same skillet, sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic until fragrant and translucent, about 8 minutes.
- 5. Place chicken pieces back in the skillet, giving each piece as much space as possible. Add chicken stock and wine and bring to a boil. Add the Kissino sauce, stir contents of the skillet around, and return to a boil.
- 6. Reduce heat to medium low, place a lid on top of the skillet but leave a small crack so that steam can escape and liquids can reduce. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- 7. Serve the chicken with ample sauce and onions over rice, pasta, or with herb-seasoned marsala roasted vegetables.