chicken casserole with Peas and Mushrooms
This easy recipe for Chicken Casserole with Peas and Mushrooms will tingle your tastebuds and feed and entire familyi!
This recipe contains olive oil, shallots, garlic, mushrooms (white), chicken breasts, peas (frozen), salt, black pepper, butter (unsalted), salad dressing (italian, dry mix), soup (cream of chicken), sour cream, cheese (cheddar), cheese (parmesan), soy sauce, chicken broth
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 whole shallot small chop (or 1/2 onion small chop)
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 18 oz. white mushrooms sliced
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch or smaller chunks
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen baby peas
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. unsalted butter
- 18 oz. package herb dressing mix
- 1 can(s) oz. cream of chicken soup (can use cream of mushroom or cream of celery)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium to medium high heat. Add the shallot and garlic when oil has a rippled appearance. Cook for 1 minute and then add the white mushrooms. When mushrooms appear cooked through (about 3 minutes) add the chicken pieces and cook until meat is white in color (about 4 minutes). Mix in the peas and turn the heat to the skillet off and set aside.
- 3. While the items in the preceding step are cooking, melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave (about 1.5 minutes). When melted, mix the butter with the dressing mix and then place ¾ of the dressing mix into a 9x13 baking dish or a large skillet and pack down slightly. Top the dressing with the chicken mixture from the frying pan.
- 4. In a separate bowl, mix the soup, sour cream, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and soy sauce. Place this mixture on top of the chicken mixture in the baking dish and spread around the top. Sprinkle the remaining dressing mix over the top. Then, very gently, pour the chicken broth over the top of that (it will run down into the dish and this is what you want).
- 5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until the casserole is bubbly and hot throughout. (It helps to place a rimmed baking sheet beneath your casserole dish in case it should run over).