Chicken Chili With Black Eyed Peas
spicy and creamy dish with the fragrance of rosemary
This recipe contains peas (black eyed), chicken, shallots, ginger (paste), garlic paste, chili flakes, five spice powder, nutmeg, rosemary (fresh), milk, water, oil, salt
8 - 10 Servings
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 5 min
- 2 cup(s) black eyed peas - soaked for 2-3 hours and boiled till soft and tender
- 1 lb. minced chicken
- 5 whole shallots - chopped/sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 tsp. chili flakes (or as per taste)
- 1/2 tsp. all spice powder
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg powder
- 3 - 4 sprigs rosemary - remove leaves from stems
- 1/2 cup(s) cream/milk
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 1. Before cooking: soak black eyed peas for 2-3 hours and boil till soft and tender
- 2. Heat oil and saute shallots with ginger and garlic paste.
- 3. Add chicken and break it up into bits and pieces.
- 4. Put in chili flakes, all spice and nutmeg powder, rosemary leaves and salt.
- 5. Stir all together; pour water and simmer.
- 6. Once heated through, add beans and cream.
- 7. Stir and after about 2-3 minutes, remove from heat.