Chimichurri Hasselback Potatoes
The beloved hasselback potato is covered in a garlicky chimichurri sauce and makes a healthy, easy side dish or as a vegetarian main dish!
This recipe contains potatoes, olive oil, , olive oil, parsley (fresh), cilantro, garlic, limes, red wine vinegar, peppers (jalapeno), salt (kosher)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 4 whole large baking potatoes, thoroughly washed and dried
- 4 tbsp. Tb olive oil
- FOR THE CHIMICHURRI:
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) flat leafed parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 fresh lime, juiced
- 4 tbsp. Tb red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Tb fresh or pickled jalapeno, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 425F.
- 2. Slice each potato at ¼ inch intervals, three quarters of the way though (be careful not to fully cut through the bottom of the potato). Place on a baking sheet or pan and drizzle each potatoes with 1 Tb of olive oil.
- 3. Bake for 45 minute to 1 hour, or until browned and cooked throughout.
- 4. FOR CHIMICHURRI:
Combine all in a small bowl, cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to develop.
- 5. Leftover chimichurri can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- 6. Top each potato generously with the chimichurri.