I’ve done it with gelatin, cold. The original recipe is baked, with eggs. I have changed here and there but I think the taste is the same. Cake is very filling, so a thin slice will satisfy your crave for chocolate and coffee :-) .
This recipe contains , , oreo cookies, butter, , cream cheese, gelatin (flavored), sugar (powdered, confectioners), vanilla extract, coffee, coffee (instant), whipping cream, , whipped cream, chocolate (dark)
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 10 min
- Ingredients for a form of 22 cm (10 inch)
- Biscuit base:
- 400 g. Oreo biscuits
- 170 g. butter
- Cheese filling:
- cream cheese (1000 g in total)
- 14 g. gelatin granules
- 250 g. caster sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla essence
- 60 ml. strong coffee
- 1 tsp. instant coffee (dissolved in 50 ml water)
- 350 ml. whipping cream (whipped to soft peaks)
- 350 ml. whipped cream (for whipping cream)
- 350 g. dark chocolate (54% cocoa)
- 1. Crush the biscuits in food processor and then add the melted butter and homogenize well.
- 2. Brush a cake pan (with removable ring) with oil on the sides and on the bottom and layer a baking paper on the sides.
- 3. On the base layer a baking paper about 4 cm (2 inches) bigger than the bottom, which will bend to the outside base. This way the cheesecake will not stick at all the edges and will easily get out from the pan.
- 4. Press the biscuits in the pan on the base and sides. If it seems complicated to do the sides, you can press them only on the base using just 200gr.
- 5. Bake biscuits in preheated oven at 180 º C for 10 minutes.
- 6. Ganache:
- 7. Put whipped cream in a saucepan over low heat and let it heat well. When is hot, turn off the heat and add chocolate cut in small pieces, leave it a minute to rest then mix with a spatula until it becomes smooth and glossy.
- 8. When is cooled enough (warm enough for your finger), pour half of the cream over the biscuits and refrigerate it for at least an hour. The remaining ganache you will use for the top of the cake.
- 9. Cream cheese: do it while cream ganache cools.
- 10. First soak gelatin in 60 ml of cold water.
- 11. Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator 1 hour before you prepare the filling. If you have a food processor (is not necessarily needed).
- 12. Cut it into cubes and put in your food processor and mix it very well, stopping the machine occasionally to clean the edges with a palette.
- 13. When is homogeneous, add the sugar, mixing well until sugar has dissolved. It is recommend to use first just 200 grams of sugar to taste, if you want more put also the rest of sugar. You can put up to 300 gr sugar, I put 300 but I found it a little too sweet. That’s why I wrote at the ingredients 250 grams.
- 14. Then add the coffee and vanilla and,at the end, hydrated gelatin.
- 15. Whip the whipping cream to soft peaks and when the cheese filling is ready, poor it in a larger bowl and incorporate the whipped cream with a whisk.
- 16. Assembling cheesecake:
- 17. Pour over the ganache the cheese filling and refrigerate the cake for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- 18. When cooled well and strengthened, you can remove the detachable form.
- 19. Carefully remove the paper from the sides then put the cheesecake on a cake stand with the base lined with paper.
- 20. With a wide blade knife you will rise the cheesecake (tuck it under him and gently lift) and hand out the base with baking paper. The best would be to have two people doing that! A person removes the paper and the other person hold the cake.
- 21. Ornate the cake as you like with the remaining ganache (which must be at room temperature) or with whipped cream.
- 22. It is a perfect combination of coffee and chocolate flavor!
- 23. My honest opinion is that it can be done only with half of the ingredients in a form of 18 cm diameter, because is enough concentrated.
- 24. Bonne appetite! :-)