Caprese Salad Appetizers
Simple salad on a stick that you can take to a party, get together, shower or just enjoy with your dinner!
This recipe contains tomatoes (grape), cheese (mozzarella, fresh), basil (fresh), salt, balsamic vinegar, black pepper
8 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
- Grape tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella balls
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- Balsamic vinegar
- pepper to taste
- 1. Cut the tomatoes in half as straight across the diameter as you can.
- 2. Place all of the tomatoes, cut side down on the cutting board. Insert the toothpick through one half of a tomato and slide it up the toothpick.
- 3. Skewer a mozzarella ball and slide it up the toothpick until it is touching the tomato.
- 4. Place one small basil leaf (or half of a large leaf onto the skewer).
- 5. Then with the tomato resting on the cutting board, cut side down, insert the toothpick as straight as possible into the tomato so that the tomato makes a base for the remainder of the toothpick.
- 6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. (Don’t be shy with the salt – these appetizers need it) Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve cold.