Caprese Quick Bread
This bread is full of mozzarella cheese, sundried tomatoes,basil and drizzled with melted butter before it goes in the oven. The Caprese Bread is so moist, cheesy and the tomatoes give it a burst of flavor.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), flour (whole wheat), baking powder, salt, basil (dried), cheese (mozzarella, shredded), olive oil, eggs, milk (fat free), tomatoes (sun dried), butter
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 3/4 cup(s) All-purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup(s) White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Dried Basil
- 4 oz. ounces, weight Lite Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 whole Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1 cup(s) Non-fat Milk
- 1/4 cup(s) Sundried Tomatoes, Diced, Not Oil Packed
- 3/4 tbsp. Butter, Melted
- 1. Heat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x5x3 loaf pan or two mini bread pans with cooking spray.
- 2. Stir together flours,cheese, baking powder, basil and salt in medium bowl. Add olive oil, egg and milk, stir till combined. Fold in sundried tomatoes.
- 3. Pour into pan, drizzle melted butter over top of bread. (Bread will be thick, flatten it out with your fingers)
- 4. Bake 30 minutes for mini loaf pans and 40 – 50 minutes for large loaf pan, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5. Cool 5 minutes, remove from pan to wire rack. Cool 30 minutes before slicing, if you can control yourself!