CARBONARA TTEOKBOKKI (RICE CAKES IN CREAM SAUCE)
Korean fusion dish full of flavors. More Korean Food at www.facebook.com/mykoreaneats
This recipe contains rice cakes, pork belly strips, pasta (spaghetti), milk, flour, onions, mushrooms, garlic, cheese (parmesan), black pepper, crushed red pepper, salt
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 lb garaetteok (rice cakes)
- 1 lb samgyeopsal (pork belly strips; or pancetta or bacon)
- 1/2 lb spaghetti noodles
- 11/2 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp of flour (more if necessary)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom of your choice, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (use fresh if available)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp gochugaru (red pepper flakes; optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1. In a large skillet or non-stick frying pan, cook the samygeopsal on low to medium heat until most of the fat is rendered and the meat is cooked through. Add onion, mushroom, and garlic, saute for a minute with the rendered fat.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti noodles in a separate pot with some salt.
- 3. Using a mixing bowl or closed container, combine the flour and milk until thoroughly mixed.
- 4. Pour the mixture into the skillet. If you want an extra thick and rich sauce, using heavy cream is recommended.
- 5. Throw in the rice cakes and seasoning. Simmer until it becomes creamy, about 5 minutes.
- 6. Lastly, add the cooked noodles, mix thoroughly, and transfer to a serving dish.