Cheesy Rice Puffs
Don't you know what to do with rice leftovers? Not anymore! These puffs are delicious!
This recipe contains rice, cheese (parmesan), milk, eggs, herbed dressing mix, bacon, onions, cornstarch, flour (all-purpose), baking powder, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 cup(s) cooked rice
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tbsp. fresh herbs (parsley + basil + thyme)
- 1/4 cup(s) fried bacon (drain the fat)
- 1/4 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) corn starch
- 1/4 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1. Grease and flour a large pan. Pre heat oven to 325 F.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix rice, cornstarch, milk,egg, fresh herbs, fried bacon, chopped onion, all purpose flour. Mix until all is combined. Add the baking powder and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Now, you must make the puffs. For that, you should take two medium spoons in which you’ll model a ball of dough.
- 4. First, with one spoon, pick up some dough. Then, with the other spoon, model a ball. After, line that ball on the pan.
- 5. After you make all the puffs, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top of all puffs. Take to oven for 20 minutes or until golden.