Cheesy Rice Balls
Soothe the after-school appetite with these scrumptious cheesy bites. These bite-sized balls are perfect for any little hands that want to help in the kitchen – plus the cheesy centre offers a fun surprise. Such a tasty treat for the kids will also be a guilty pleasure for mom and dad.
This recipe contains bread crumbs, rice (white), cheese (parmesan), cheese (mozzarella, fresh), olive oil, eggs, salt
6 balls servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 cups cooked and cooled arborio or regular long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 6 small mozzarella cubed, each 3/4-inch
- 2 tbsp Great Value extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle with oil. Spread bread crumbs on a plate and set aside.
- 2. Stir rice with egg, parmesan and salt in a medium bowl. Gather 1/3 cup of rice mixture and form into a ball using wet hands. Tuck a mozzarella cube into the centre, then reshape into a ball.
- 3. Roll each ball through bread crumbs, just enough to lightly coat. Place on foil-lined baking sheet and roll in oil to coat. Repeat with remaining rice, bread crumbs and oil. There will be 6 balls. Bake in centre of oven until golden, about 25 minutes, turning halfway through.