Cherry Pancakes for One
Fluffy, light, whole wheat yogurt pancakes bursting with sweet cherries with a maple cherry sauce.
This recipe contains cherries, flour (pastry), greek yogurt (non-fat), eggs, almond extract, baking soda, sugar, salt, , cherries, syrup
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1/3 cup(s) whole cherries, pitted, cut in half or in quarters depending on size of cherries
- 3 tbsp. whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup(s) greek yogurt, non fat, plain
- 1 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- Cherry Sauce:
- 1/2 cup(s) cherries, pitted, cut in half
- 1/4 cup(s) pancake syrup
- 1. Mix greek yogurt, egg white & almond extract into a small bowl.
- 2. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, sugar, & salt.
- 3. Combine and whisk till evenly mixed.
- 4. Fold in 1/3 cup cherries.
- 5. Place 1/4 cup batter onto non-stick skillet and cook till bubbles start appearing through the top of the pancake and then flip.
NOTE: Cook on medium heat and I flattened out my batter with the spatula to cook more evenly.
- 6. About 1-2 minutes on each side.
- 1. For sauce:
- 1. In a sauce pan add 1/2 cup whole pitted cherries and maple syrup. Set temperature on medium, and when it starts to simmer, set the temperature to low and cook until thick and bubbly. It’s done about the same time your pancakes are.