Coconut Palm Sugar Sprouts
Ghee (clarified butter) and nutrient-rich coconut palm sugar make a slightly sweet, buttery glaze for our favorite mini cabbages. Dairy-free and low Glycemic Index! Perfect side dish for anyone on a specialty diet (Paleo, primal, diabetic). Coconut palm sugar and coconut sap sugar are the same thing, however, "palm sugar" is not. Be sure to check labels carefully.
This recipe contains brussel sprouts, ghee, coconut palm sugar, salt (kosher)
Serves 4 servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
- A pound of Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1-1.5 TBSP ghee (butter can be substituted)
- 1 TBSP coconut palm (or sap) sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (Fahrenheit). Trim the Brussels sprouts if you haven’t done it already and pile them in a baking dish.
- 2. Sprinkle coconut palm sugar and kosher salt over the sprouts and dot with room temperature ghee.
- 3. Cover and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 4. When they are finished baking, give the sprouts a gentle toss in the ghee-sugar glaze before serving.