Chipotle Cheese Stuffed Black Bean Burgers with Avocado Creme
Today, in honor of Meatless Monday, I wanted to share my Black Bean Burgers with y'all! This is a recipe I have made over and over again for my family. Sometimes I make sliders, other times full size burgers. Sometimes I top with cheese, other times with crunchy veggies. But I always serve my Black Bean Burgers stuffed with cream cheese and topped with Avocado Creme! Once you try this recipe you will get requests from your family for it all the time (trust me!). Even better- it's meatless and good for ya! Serve with homemade sweet potato fries and corn on the cob for a flavor packed, finger-lickin' good dinner!
This recipe contains black beans, onions (yellow), mushrooms, eggs, bread crumbs (panko), cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, olive oil, cream cheese, hamburger buns, cheese (cheddar, sliced), , avocados, sour cream, lime juice (fresh), sea salt, pepper, , onions, tomatoes, lettuce (leaf), kale, pickles (sliced), ketchup, mustard (yellow), mayonnaise
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 can(s) 15oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 whole small yellow onion, diced
- 2 - 3 large mushrooms, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder (adjust according to how spicy you like it)
- 1 - 2 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 2 pepper to taste
- 1 - 2 tbsp. olive oil, for saute-chipotle if available
- 4 tbsp. softened cream cheese spread, chipotle flavor if available
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slice(s) slices of cheese, optional
- For Avocado Creme:
- 1 whole ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream (start with 2 tbsp then add until you get the consistency you like)
- 1 lime juice
- 1 - 2 ds. sea salt, to taste
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper, to taste
- burger toppings:
- 4 slice(s) onion, sliced
- 4 slice(s) tomatoes, sliced
- 4 leaf lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup(s) pickles- optional
- ketchup- optional
- mustard- optional
- mayo- optional
- 1. Add a swirl of olive oil to a skillet and add diced mushrooms and onions.
- 2. Saute until softened then season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Add drained black beans to a medium bowl and press and mash with a fork.
- 4. Mix in mushrooms and onions then add egg and bread crumbs.
- 5. Finally mix in cumin and chipotle chili powder.
- 6. Roll and form into burger patties (sliders or full size).
- 7. Form a indent in the center of each burger
- 8. Add a spoonful of cream cheese spread to the indent in the burgers and then form the burger over the cream cheese.
- 9. Heat a skillet over medium heat, add a swirl of olive oil.
- 10. Add 2 burgers at a time and sear on each side until cooked and browned, about 4 minutes each side.
- 11. If you want to add sliced cheese on top, add now and cover skillet to steam and melt cheese.
- 12. Remove to a plate, then cook remaining patties.
- 13. For the avocado creme, combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and mix until smooth. Taste and add more sour cream or lime juice if needed.
- 14. To plate, add each hot cooked burger to an open toasted bun. Top with lettuce and tomato (optional) and a hearty scoop of avocado creme and then top with bun.