Chocolate Peanut Butter, Frozen Banana Dips
Everyone has a weakness. Mine? Peanut butter. Add chocolate to the mix and no further information is required. Unfortunately, most peanut butter and chocolate recipes mean high calorie and fat content. So, I wanted to create a warm day treat that is light, but completely satisfying for those peanut butter chocolate addicts out there.
This recipe contains bananas, chocolate (dark, chips), oil (coconut), peanut butter, popsicle sticks
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 2 bananas
- 8 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 1. Peel bananas and cut into pieces (2-3 pieces per banana, depending on size).
- 2. Place banana pieces onto a baking sheet with parchment paper, and into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- 3. To prepare chocolate coating, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe dish.
- 4. Remove the banana pieces from the freezer and insert popsicle sticks.
- 5. Dip each banana into the melted chocolate. Or, if you’re like me and often have difficultly getting an even coat when using melted chocolate, use a silicone pastry brush and paint the banana pieces generously. Make sure to seal the bottom of the popsicle with the chocolate, so banana doesn’t slide off.
- 6. Place tray with the coated banana pieces back into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- 7. Meanwhile, measure the peanut butter and place into a microwave safe bowl or cup.
- 8. Microwave on high, until completely smooth and melted.
- 9. Remove tray from freezer and drizzle each piece with the melted peanut butter.
- 10. Place the tray back into the freezer, until peanut butter slightly hardens.