Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
Make this delicious, hearty chicken pot pie filling in your slow cooker - so easy! Finish in your favorite pie crust for a comforting dinner.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), soup (cream of chicken), potatoes, mixed vegetables (frozen), salt, pie crust, black pepper, , eggs, butter
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 hr
- 4 - 5 whole frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can(s) oz. large (family size) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 - 5 whole medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 cup(s) frozen vegetables we prefer peas and carrots
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 4 whole pie crusts
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- Brush on top of pie crust
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1. In Crock Pot, combine chicken breasts, potatoes, frozen vegetables, cream of chicken soup and mix well. Add additional salt and pepper if desired.
- 2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is fully cooked. Use a sturdy spoon to break up the chicken after cooking. Preheat oven to 400. Prepare pie crusts. Spoon chicken filling into pie crust.
- 3. Top with pie crust. Cut slits into the top crust to vent steam during baking. Cut excess crust from edges and pinch to seal.
- 4. Brush with egg white or melted butter and bake for 20-30 minutes until crust is fully cooked and golden brown on top.
- 5. Allow pies to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Best served hot.