Crunchy Brussels sprouts
Aromatic and healthy side-dish.
This recipe contains brussel sprouts, walnuts, red wine vinegar, mustard (dijon), honey, olive oil, black pepper
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 800 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed (or 1 kg untrimmed)
- 1/4 cup(s) walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1. Blanch the Brussels sprouts in boiling water for 6-8 minutes or in a microwave oven in a little water for about 4 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Sauté the Brussels sprouts, stirring constantly, until they become golden-brown in color.
- 3. Meanwhile mix the vinegar, mustard, honey and olive oil.
- 4. Add walnuts to the sprouts, stir and combine. Pour the vinegar dressing over the sprouts, season with pepper. Mix and combine so that each sprout is covered with the dressing.
- 5. Serve warm or cold as a side dish.