Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
This recipe is as easy as it can only get. I think the hardest part is to take the apples’ seeds out, so that the apples would be intact.I am cooking these apples since the time I remember myself cooking. My Daddy cooks these apples in red wine, but, let’s not get too crazy here. I’m on a quest for a healthy, kid-friendly dessert.
This recipe contains apples, walnuts, cinnamon, honey, butter
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 9 apples (you can take more, you can take less. 9 apples are good for 3 people)
- 1 cup(s) walnuts
- 1 - 2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 2 - 3 tbsp. honey (depends on how you like them: too sweet or not so sweet)
- 1/4 tbsp. butter.
- 1. Wash and take the seeds out of the apple as shown in the picture.
- 2. Crush the walnuts, add some honey, cinnamon, melted butter and honey. Mix very well.
- 3. Preheat the oven at 350F. Put the stuffing (walnuts with honey, cinnamon and butter) inside the apples, place in a deep baking dish, add some water.
- 4. Bake for 25-30 minutes and serve warm.
- 5. Enjoy!
- 6. ***Tip from Helen*** I prefer mid-sized red apples for this dish, but green will also be fine. Just they shouldn’t be too firm. Yellow apples won’t taste as good, because they will be too sweet and soft ***