Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Salad
This hearty Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad is full of grilled veggies & chicken, feta cheese, and a delightful Basil Balsamic Dressing.
This recipe contains , chicken breasts (boneless skinless), squash, zucchini, bell peppers (red), salt, olives (kalamata), onions (red), tomatoes (cherry), cheese (feta), mixed salad, , fresh garlic, basil (fresh), olive oil, mustard (dijon), balsamic vinegar, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- For the salad:
- 2 whole large chicken breasts
- 2 whole small squash
- 2 whole small zucchini
- 1 whole large red pepper
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 pkg(s) kalamata olives (about 5 per salad)
- 1/2 whole red onion, sliced thinly into rings and separated
- 10 whole cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 5 oz. mixed lettuce greens
- For The Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 pn. black pepper
- 1. Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper and spray with Canola cooking spray. Cook on a 450 degree grill for 6 minutes on the first side and 5 minutes on the second. Be sure to temp the chicken to be sure it reads 165 degrees.
- 2. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes, slice width-wise into ¼ inch slices.
- 3. Cut squash, zucchini and red pepper in half lengthwise. Salt and pepper liberally and spray with canola cooking spray. Grill for 4 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the other side. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- 4. Slice squash and zucchini on the diagonal. Cut pepper into long one-inch wide slices and then cut each slice on the diagonal into ½ inch pieces.
- 5. Mix all the ingredients together for the vinaigrette dressing.
- 6. Place a bed of mixed greens on each plate, then layer on grilled veggies, onions, olives, and feta. Top with you grilled chicken slices and drizzle with the vinaigrette.