Mango-Curry Chicken at Home
This chicken dish is a beautiful yellow color and the base of the curry is onion and peppers with flavor punches from garlic and ginger. So delicious!
This recipe contains olive oil, onions (yellow), bell peppers, garlic, ginger, curry powder, cumin, mango (fresh), apple cider vinegar, water, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), milk (coconut), salt, fresh cilantro, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup(s) large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (color of choice), chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, chopped (or 2 tbs. ginger in a jar)
- 3 tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 mangos' pitted, peeled and diced (you can use frozen mango's if you like and the amount comes out to 1 1/2 cups or so)
- 2 - 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 lb. lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cup into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 tbs. coconut milk
- Cilantro as a garnish if you like
- 1. Heat 2 tbs. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes then add pepper and sauté for 5 minutes.
- 3. Add more oil if needed and then curry powder and cumin.
- 4. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- 5. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
- 6. Add vinegar, water and ½ the mango to the pan and increase the heat to boil.
- 7. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring on occasion.
- 8. Remove pan from heat.
- 9. Using a blender, food processor or hand-held blender, purée the sauce.
- 10. Return sauce to the pan and add chicken.
- 11. Simmer chicken for 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
- 12. Next, add mango pieces and coconut milk.
- 13. Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- 14. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.