Masala Raisin Chicken
Raisins for a hint of sweetness to harmonize the spiciness and to hit the right notes in the taste.
This recipe contains chicken, chili powder, raisins, ginger (paste), garlic paste, onion paste, tomatoes, cinnamon stick, curry leaves, oil (vegetable), salt, star anise, cloves (whole)
For 3-4 people servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1/4 chicken (about 400g) - cut into bite sizes
- 1 1/2 tbsp (or as needed) plain chili powder (add water and mix into a thick paste)
- 2 tbsp dried raisins
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp onion paste
- 1 tomato - chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 sprigs curry leaves
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 star anise
- 3 cloves
- 1. Heat oil and fry spices with ginger, garlic and onion paste.
- 2. (Just for 1-2 mins)
- 3. Add chili paste and continue to fry over low heat till oil splits.
- 4. Put in chicken, tomato, curry leaves and raisins.
- 5. Season with salt.
- 6. Add a bit of water if needed to cook the chicken.
- 7. Continue to stir till everything comes together;
- 8. a thick gravy coated over the chicken pieces.