Mayonnaise from Scratch
Never buy Mayonnaise again when you learn how to make it in under 15 minutes with only 4 ingredients!
This recipe contains eggs, red wine vinegar, mustard (dijon), vegetable oil, salt
Prep time: 15 min
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Vegetable oil (peanut oil could also be used)
- 1. Put egg yolks, red wine vinegar, salt, and Dijon mustard in food processor.
- 2. Turn on low and then slowly drip a drop of oil at a time while blending until it takes on the consistency of mayo. Then slowly add a stream of the oil while blending until it is all incorporated.
- 3. Transfer to mason jar and refrigerate immediately (as this contains raw eggs).
- 4. The time that the mayo will last depends on the freshness of your eggs. For standard store bought eggs, at least a week - two weeks. Farm fresh eggs may allow it to last longer.