Meat rolls with prosciutto and sage
Simple, yet mouthwatering beef rolls in light wine sauce.
This recipe contains steak (flank), vegeta seasoning, prosciutto, sage (fresh), cornstarch, wine (white), olive oil, butter, black pepper
4 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 veal or beef flank steaks (600 g)
- 2 tsp Vegeta Natur or similar seasoning
- 100 g prosciutto, cut into thin slices
- 4 sage leaves (fresh)
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 200 ml white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Black pepper
- 1. Wash, dry and flatten the steaks.
- 2. Rub one side of each steak with Vegeta Natur.
- 3. Cover the other side of the steak with a slice of prosciutto and a sage leaf. Roll the steak and secure the roll with wooden or metal toothpicks.
- 4. Whisk corn starch into the wine.
- 5. Sauté the rolls on all sides in the hot mixture of oil and butter until golden, then stir in wine and season with pepper.
- 6. Cover and simmer the rolls over low heat for 20 minutes or until very tender.
- 7. Remove the toothpicks before serving.