Meatless Monday :: Squash & Sweet Potato Fritatta
This one is great!!! Very budget friendly and very delicious!!! A fritatta is not a difficult thing to make so don't be fooled by the fancy sounding name! If you aren't a fan of the veggies I use here, no worries, sub out for your favorites!! I used sweet potato, zucchini and yellow squash here. It is very simply seasoned with thyme, salt and pepper. The method I prefer is to start it stovetop and finish it off in the oven. This recipe fed the four of us, yes my boys, especially the 4 year old devoured this!!! A wonderful light and delicious clean meal!
This recipe contains eggs, milk (fat free), sweet potatoes, zucchini, squash (yellow), shredded mozzarella cheese, thyme, black pepper, salt
serves 4 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & small dice
- 1 zucchini, small dice
- 1 yellow squash, small dice
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. In an oven proof sauté pan, over medium heat, give a little spray of olive oil and add the potato. Cook until slightly softened then add the zucchini and squash. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cook for several more minutes until the squashes are lightly golden and softened.
- 3. In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, thyme and a little more salt and pepper. Lower the heat to medium low, give one more spray to the pan/veggies with olive oil (organic spray if you can find) and pour the egg mixture into the pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- 4. Sprinkle the cheese over top then pop the pan into the oven and cook for another 15-18 minutes or until golden browned and just slightly "firm" to the touch- you don't want a watery mess. Allow to rest a couple minutes then it should slide right out of the pan and onto a cutting board.