Meatless Monday :: Sweet Potato Croquettes
I can't take credit for these bites of delicious goodness!!! The fabulous Stephanie over at Stephanie Cooks made these for her son recently and they looked too good to not make!!! I changed up the measurements just a bit.These are so wonderful that I forgot to take a pretty finished product picture! Yes, they disappeared that quickly! Perfectly crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. These are so simple to make, with just a handful of ingredients, these Sweet Potato Croquettes will be loved by kids and adults! Perfect as a side dish or a little snack!
This recipe contains sweet potatoes, milk, butter, cheese (cheddar, shredded), black pepper, Italian seasoned bread crumbs, vegetable oil, salt
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 3 whole large sweet potatoes, cooked
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar
- Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- vegetable oil
- 1. Peel the potatoes, place into a bowl along with the milk and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheddar.
- 2. Using a cookie scoop, form the mixture into balls. Then roll the sweet potato balls in breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet or dish and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm them up a bit.
- 3. In a large pan add about a 1/2 inch of vegetable oil. Heat over medium high heat. To test the oil, drop in a pinch of breadcrumb, if it gently bubbles around the breadcrumb then you are ready to go.
- 4. Add in several of the croquettes and gently press down with a spatula to flatten just slightly. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Place onto paper towels to absorb any extra oil.