Quick and easy supper full of Mediterranean flavors.
This recipe contains eggplant, sausage, eggs, cheese (feta), cheese (mozzarella), almonds, black pepper, bread crumbs, olive oil, dill (fresh)
4 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 4 small eggplants
- 350 g fresh sausage without the casing, approximately 8 links
- 1 egg
- 50 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 100 g mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- 50 g almonds, ground
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp homemade bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh dill, chives or basil, chopped
- 1. Wash eggplants, cut the stems and halve lengthwise. Scoop out the middle.
- 2. In a bowl mix and combine sausage meat, egg, feta cheese, mozzarella, almonds and pepper.
- 3. With a spoon, stuff the eggplants.
- 4. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs (about ½ tablespoon on each eggplant) and olive oil.
- 5. Place the eggplants on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 25 minutes on 230°C (about 450F).
- 6. Serve hot, sprinkled with fresh, chopped dill, chives or basil.