Mediterranean semolina cake
Flavorful, sticky, moist and easy to make.
This recipe contains sugar, eggs, yogurt, lemons, oranges, almond meal, flour (semolina), baking powder, olive oil, syrup, almonds, raisins, cranberries (dried), honey, oranges
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 180 gal. sugar
- 5 eggs
- 220 mg. yoghurt
- Zest 1 lemon
- Zest 1 orange
- 225 g. almond meal
- 200 g. semolina
- 1 baking powder
- 200 ml. olive oil
- 1 cup(s) almonds, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup(s) raisins
- 2 - 3 tbsp. dry cranberries
- 100 ml. honey
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1. In a mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and pale in colour. Add the yoghurt and zest of the citrus.
- 2. Gradually add all the dry ingredients and combined well.
- 3. Incorporate the olive oil and mix.
- 4. Pour into the round baking tin (ø20-23cm) lined with baking paper (or use a silicone round mold for cakes) and bake for 35 minutes at 180°C (160°C fan) or if pierced with a skewer it comes out clean.
- 5. Remove cake from the oven and pierce all over with a skewer.
- 6. Pour the syrup all over the cake and cool slightly before serving.
- 7. Syrup
- 8. Add almonds, raisins, cranberries, honey and orange juice to a pot and bring to the boil. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes.