Mediterranean semolina cake
Flavorful, sticky, moist and easy to make.
This recipe contains sugar, eggs, yogurt, lemons, oranges, almond meal, semolina flour, baking powder, olive oil, syrup, almonds, raisins, cranberries (dried), honey, oranges
10 servings servings
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 180g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 220ml yoghurt
- Zest 1 lemon
- Zest 1 orange
- 225g almond meal
- 200g semolina
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200ml olive oil
- 1 handful almonds, peeled, chopped
- 1 handful raisins
- 2-3 tbs dry cranberries
- 100ml honey
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1. In a mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and pale in colour. Add the yoghurt and zest of the citrus.
- 2. Gradually add all the dry ingredients and combined well.
- 3. Incorporate the olive oil and mix.
- 4. Pour into the round baking tin (ø20-23cm) lined with baking paper (or use a silicone round mold for cakes) and bake for 35 minutes at 180°C (160°C fan) or if pierced with a skewer it comes out clean.
- 5. Remove cake from the oven and pierce all over with a skewer.
- 6. Pour the syrup all over the cake and cool slightly before serving.
- 7. Syrup
- 8. Add almonds, raisins, cranberries, honey and orange juice to a pot and bring to the boil. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes.