Mac N Cheese Bites
Mac N Cheese Bites recipe - it’s the ultimate comfort food. A decadent combination of Gruyere & Cheddar cheese… little gifts of goodness in every bite!
This recipe contains **_elbow pasta, unsalted butter, flour (all-purpose), milk, salt, black pepper, cheese (gruyere, shredded), cheese (cheddar, shredded), cooking spray
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. small elbow macaroni cooked al dente
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste (optional)
- 8 oz. packed shredded Gruyere cheese (8 ounces)
- 8 oz. shredded Cheddar (8 ounces)
- cooking spray
- 1. Special equipment: two 24-cup mini-muffin pans
- 2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3. Cook the macaroni al dente according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 4. In the meantime, melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the milk slowly and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens. Reduce the heat to low and add the salt. Slowly fold in the Gruyere and Cheddar, then heat through until all the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- 5. Fold the cooked macaroni into the cheese mixture.
- 6. Spray mini-muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray. Carefully fill the cups with the mac and cheese just to the top of the cups, packing them tightly. Be sure to not over fill the cups this could cause the butter to ooze out, burning and smoking on the bottom of your oven.
- 7. Bake the bites until they're golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
- 8. Let the bites cool almost completely before removing gently from the pan. This will help them keep there shape.
- 9. Repeat with the remaining macaroni and cheese mixture.
- 10. These are great when made a day a head. Just store them in the fridge in a parchment lined tupperware container. Then reheat them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper at 350 degrees for 5 minutes and serve.