Magical Soup For Children
A simple soup with carrots, potatoes and sausages. And the magic: your kids will eat without any complaint
This recipe contains carrots, potatoes, onions, butter, vegetable stock, sausage (link), parsley (fresh), salt, black pepper
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 750 g/ 26.5 oz carrots
- 750 g/ 26.5 oz potatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 750 ml/ 3 cups vegetable stock
- 4 spicy pork sausages/ wiener or frankfurters
- 1. Peel and chop the carrots and the potatoes. Finely chop the onions.
- 2. Melt the butter in a soup pan and cook the onions until translucent. Add the carrots and continue cooking for about 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and keep cooking for about 3 minutes.
- 3. Add the stock, cover the pan, bring to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes. In the meantime cut the sausages into slices. Lower the heat and give the sausage slices to the soup. Leave for about 5 minutes until the sausages are heated through and the vegetables are soft.
- 4. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.