Malaysian Butter Cake
Velvety, moist and soft
This recipe contains butter, caster sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour (self-rising), salt, chocolate chips
for 10 people servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 250g butter
- 70g castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g self-rising flour, sifted with 1/2 tsp salt
- (omit salt if using salted butter)
- Optional: 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- 2. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition till mixture is fluffy.
- 3. Add essence and stir in.
- 4. Fold in shifted flour, gradually to mix.
- 5. Finally stir in milk.
- 6. Turn out mixture into a grease baking pan.
- 7. Bake on preheated oven at 170C for about 1 hour or till cake is cooked.
- 8. Remove, cool down and slice.