Mandarin Orange Cake
citrusy and spongy with a thin crusty layer on top.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), milk, canola oil, oranges (mandarin), baking powder, baking soda, oranges
10 - 12 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) condensed milk
- 1 cup(s) oil (no smell)
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh mandarin orange juice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. orange zest
- 1. Stir milk, oil, juice and zest.
- 2. Sift flour, baking powder and soda over the mixture.
- 3. Gently fold until thoroughly combined.
- 4. Tip mixture into a greased baking pan.
- 5. Bake at 165C for about 40 or till cake is cooked
- 6. (Note: a skewer inserted in the center of the cake should come out dry)
- 7. Cool down, dust icing sugar all over (optional) and cut into slices.