Mango Basmati Rice Salad
This recipe from Tyler Florence is a great summer salad that pairs well with shrimp and any fish.
This recipe contains rice (basmati), ginger (fresh), salt (kosher), green beans (fresh), onions (red), mint (fresh), mango, olive oil, lemons
4 to 6 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and smashed
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, cut in thin stripes
- 1 fresh mango, peeled, pitted, chopped
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1. Put rice in 1 1/4 cup of water with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and smashed ginger. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 12 to 13 minutes, without lifting the lid.
- 2. Remove rice and spread out on a sheet pan and allow to cool. Discard ginger.
- 3. Bring a pot of salted water to boil and add green beans and cook for about 3 minutes. Add beans to ice water bath - this will stop the cooking and keep their bright color. Drain, cut green beans in half. Mix together the rice, green beans, onion, mint, mango and drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze lemon juice and combine well. Adjust seasoning with salt if necessary.