Mango and pistachio muhallebi
A flavourful, eastern dessert, very easy to make and great for a dinner table
This recipe contains milk (almond), cornstarch, sugar, , mango, pistachios
Serves 6 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 500ml / 2 cups almond milk
- 35g / 2 heaping tbsp. corn flour / corn starch
- 50g / 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- 1 mango "cheek", finely diced
- 3-4 tbsp. chopped or ground pistachios
- 1. Divide the diced mango between 6 ramequins, holding about 1-2 tbsp. for decoration. Top with the pistachios, again holding about 1 tbsp. for decoration.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the corn flour / corn starch with 2 tbsp. almond milk. Mix until well combined.
- 3. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the almond milk, corn flour mixture, sugar and orange blossom water.
- 4. Whisk until it becomes a thick cream.
- 5. Pour immediately into the ramequins.
- 6. Cover with Clingfilm, making sure the wrap sticks to the whole surface of the cream.
- 7. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 8. Before serving, decorate with the remaining mango dices and pistachios.
- 9. Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com