Meyer Lemon Biscotti with Dried Wild Blueberries
Today's offering is biscotti made with Meyer lemons and filled with dried wild blueberries. The lemon flavoring is deliciously light and the blueberries provide very tasty focal points that enrich the biscotti's natural goodness.
This recipe contains , all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, lemons (meyer), lemons (meyer), lemon extract, walnut oil, eggs, blueberries (dried,wild)
25 pieces servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 2 3/4 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 C sugar
- 2 tbsp juice of Meyer lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon extract
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 3 eggs @ room temperature
- 3/4 C dried wild blueberries
- 1. 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. 2. Combine flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl and mix.
- 3. 3. Combine lemon juice, zest, extract, oil and eggs in a small bowl and whisk together.
- 4. 4. Add the juice mixture to the flour mixture and blend then add the blueberries. (Dough will be dry and crumbly.)
- 5. 5. Place dough onto a lightly floured cutting board and knead 8-10 times.
- 6. 6. Divide the dough in half and shape each portion into an 8” long piece about 1” thick.
- 7. 7. Coat a cookie sheet with spray and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut into ½” slices and place them back on the cookie sheet bottom side down where they are standing and separated about 1” apart. Bake another 10 minutes. For crisper biscotti add 4 to 5 minutes to second baking.
- 8. 8. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
- 9. 9. Eat any broken pieces immediately so that nobody else gets them. ;-)>