Michelob Amberbock Sweet Potato Chowder
A delicious, hearty soup! For more great recipes, visit www.facebook.com/skeffdist and click on the "beer school" tab to the left. Enjoy!
This recipe contains chicken stock, onions, salt (kosher), bacon, beer (amber), sweet potatoes (canned), sweet potatoes
6 servings servings
Cook time: 1 hr 15 min
- 2 Qt. Chicken Stock, strong flavor
- 2 Onions, small dice
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 lb Smoked Pepper Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 24 oz. Michelob AmberBock
- 2 lbs Sweet Potatoes (canned)
- 2 lbs Diced Roasted Maple Sweet Potatoes
- 1. In a medium pot, on medium heat, combine the chicken stock, onions, and canned sweet potatoes. Let this cook for about 30 minutes; stir frequently. Turn down heat to a low simmer. With a large spoon or wire whisk, break up the pieces of sweet potato in the soup and try to get it as smooth as possible. Add the salt, beer, and crumbled bacon. Let cook for another 30 minutes; stir frequently. Add the roasted maple sweet potatoes; let cook about 15 more minutes. If the chowder is too thick, you may add more beer. If you add more beer, let the chowder cook 10 more minutes and serve.
- 2. A delicious, hearty soup! For more great recipes, visit www.facebook.com/skeffdist and click on the "beer school" tab to the left. Enjoy!