Mini Chocolate Caramel Cups with Lemon Curd
A combination of thick sweet chocolate caramel, citrusy Lemon Curd with whipped cream is a dream come true dessert!
This recipe contains chocolate, caramel (sauce), lemon curd, heavy cream, butter (unsalted), sugar (powdered, confectioners)
Prep time: 40 min
- 150 oz. Chocolate of your choice
- 150 oz. Caramel/Dulce de Leche
- 200 oz. Homemade Lemon Curd
- 300 oz. Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp. Icing Sugar (optional)
- 1. Melt the chocolate over double boiler. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and mix until dissolved.
- 2. Let it cool a bit before adding caramel (or dulce de leche). Mix until well combined. Pour/spoon the mixture into a ziplock/plastic/piping bag and fill 6 cups with it. Using a teaspoon spread the mixture in the cups evenly.
- 3. Place in your fridge for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile: pour cold whipping cream into a chilled bowl (place it in your freezer for 5 minutes prior to whipping), add 2 tablespoons of icing sugar and whip until stiff. Spoon the cream into a ziplock/piping bag and put aside for later.
- 4. Take the cups out from the fridge and fill each one with lemon curd (about 3 teaspoons for each cup). Spread it around with the spoon.
- 5. Top with whipped cream (make sure you keep the tip of the bag in the cup – as close to lemon curd as possible, this will reduce the number of air pockets). Fill to the top.
- 6. Garnish with some chocolate shavings and serve!