Mini frittatas with quinoa
Savory bites equaly excellent hot or cold. Ideal for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
This recipe contains quinoa, eggs, eggs, zucchini, cheese (swiss, shredded), ham, parsley (fresh), cheese (parmesan), black pepper
24 frittatas servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked) *
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup ham, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp white ground pepper
- 1. In a large bowl mix to combine all the ingredients.
- 2. Grease a muffin tin and spoon mixture to the top of each cup.
- 3. Bake in an oven at 200˚C for 30 minutes, or until the edges of the frittatas are golden brown (do not under bake or they won't come out of the pan).
- 4. Let cool for at least 5 minutes in the tin before serving.
- 5. Eat hot or cold.
- 6. * Cook quinoa in 350 ml water for 20 minutes (or according to the package instructions). After cooking, leave to soak any remaining water for additional 5 minutes.