Mini Mixed Fruit Cake
This easy recipe does not need an electronic mixer, all you need is a hand whisk and rubber spatula to mix the ingredients. As I love Fruit Cake (here) very much I have added more dried mixed fruits, dried cranberries and rum into it to make the cake more flavourful and some natural yoghurt for a softer texture.
This recipe contains butter, sugar, eggs, flour (self-rising), yogurt, dry fruit, rum, vanilla extract, cranberries (dried)
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 125 g. Melted Butter
- 40 g. Sugar
- 3 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 120 g. Self raising flour
- 100 g. Natural yoghurt
- 60 g. Dried mixed fruit
- 2 tbsp. Rum
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extra
- 20 g. dried cranberries
- 1. Mix the mixed fruit and dried cranberries with 1 tbsp rum and set aside for 30 minutes or longer.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix well melted butter and sugar together then add beaten eggs, natural yoghurt, rum and vanilla extract ~ mix well with a hand whisk.
- 3. Sieve in self raising flour, mix well and sprinkle some flour onto dried mixed fruit and fold in with a rubber spatula (do not over mix).
- 4. Spoon mixture to muffin cups or liners to 3/4 full and sprinkle extra mixed fruit on top.
- 5. Bake at preheated oven at 180C for 20-25 mins or skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.