Mini Taco Cups
A perfect, easy party appetizer.
This recipe contains wonton wrappers, beef (ground), refried beans, taco seasoning, water, cheese (cheddar, shredded), salsa, avocados, sour cream, fresh cilantro
24 servings servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 24 won ton wrappers
- 1/2 lb ground meat (I used elk)
- 1/2 can low fat re-fried beans
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, of your choice (I used Mexican blend)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2. Cook meat in a medium pan until well browned. Add taco seasoning and water. Mix.
- 3. Add re-fried beans to meat and mix well, set aside.
- 4. Take your won ton wrappers and place them into an ungreased mini muffin pan. Fold each wrapper gently so it makes a cup inside each mini muffin cup.
- 5. Place 1/2-1 Tbsp. of meat mixture into the bottom of each won ton wrapper. Top each cup with a pinch of shredded cheese and a small drop of salsa.
- 6. Place in oven and bake on middle rack for approximately 8 minutes or until edges of won tons are golden brown.
- 7. Meanwhile, place 1/2 an avocado into a small zip-lock bag. Use your hand to smash it. Once smashed add sour cream to the bag. Again mix with your hand by smashing. Once it is well mixed, cut a small hole in one of the bottom corners of the bag.
- 8. Squeeze a small dollop of avocado mixture onto each taco cup.
- 9. Next place a sprinkle of chopped cilantro on each taco cup.