Minty Double Chocolate Cookies
Soft and chewy cookies will be a welcome addition to any dessert table. Using cake mix makes preparing the dough quick and simple with delicious results.
This recipe contains cake mix (devil's food), eggs, unsalted butter, peppermint extract, chocolate (milk, mint)
40 cookies servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 box Great Value Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) peppermint extract
- 2 pkgs Great Value Milk Chocolate Mint Buds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line two baking trays with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl thoroughly combine cake mix, eggs and butter until smooth. Portion into 1 tbsp (15 mL) sized balls and set 4-5 cm apart on prepared baking trays.
- 3. Bake 6-7 minutes. Remove trays from the oven. Decorate using jujubes (cut side down) or mint buds, pressing firmly into the cookies to ensure they stick. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes longer or until just starting to brown around the edges. Cool completely on the tray before serving.
- 4. More cookie recipes are available at www.walmart.ca/recipecentre.