Miso Marinated Chicken with Buckwheat Udon
Every once in a while I get on a kick to eat a bit healthier. This meal certainly qualifies. A light stir fry using small amounts of sesame oil, whole wheat soba noodles and miso marinated chicken with vegetables packs quite a flavorful punch.
This recipe contains chicken breasts, soba noodles, onions, bell peppers (orange), cabbage (red), fresh garlic, fresh ginger, sesame oil, salt, , miso paste, rice vinegar, honey, , black pepper
8 servings servings
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed and marinated
- 8 oz whole wheat soba noodles
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 thumb ginger grated
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Marinade Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1/4 C rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- pepper to taste
- 1. Add miso paste, rice vinegar and honey to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- 2. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Use your fingers. They are the best tools you have.
- 3. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator. Let marinade at least 6 hours, overnight is even better.
- 4. Boil a pot of water. Cook the Soba noodles as per the directions on the package.
- 5. While the noodles are cooking heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- 6. Using a slotted spoon or tongs place the chicken into the hot pan.
- 7. Brown the chicken then remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- 8. Add garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute to just heat.
- 9. Next add the pepper and onion. Stir to mix with garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes to heat up.
- 10. Add the cabbage. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 1 minute more. Notice we are cooking the vegetables for a very short period of time. I want them to retain their crunch while just being heated through.
- 11. Mix in the chicken and remove to a plate.
- 12. Drain the pasta.
- 13. Add the pasta to the hot pan. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 14. Add back the already prepared ingredients.
- 15. Mix well using your spatula or a set of tongs.
- 16. Serve on either a plate or in a bowl.