Miss Daisy's Eggnog Cheesecake
For those looking to combine two of the holiday's best traditions!
This recipe contains crust, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, , cream cheese, sugar, all-purpose flour, eggs, eggnog, rum extract, nutmeg, , , raspberries, ,
Yield: 12-16 servings servings
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Lightly spread a combination of sour cream and sweetened whipped cream over the top.
- Add raspberries or your favorite fruit around the border .
- Peppermint candy crumbs are also delicious
- as a border to this recipe.
- 1. Assemble ingredients and utensils.
- 2. Place a greased 9-inch springform pan on a double thickness of "heavy duty" foil, secure foil wrapped around the pan.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- 4. Press onto the bottom of pan.
- 5. Place on a baking sheet.
- 6. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 7. Cool on a wire rack.
- 8. In a large bowl of mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth.
- 9. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined.
- 10. Gradually stir in the eggnog, extract and nutmeg. Pour over crust.
- 11. Place springform pan into a larger pan with about 1 inch of hot water in bottom of pan.
- 12. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45-50 minutes until center is set.
- 13. Remove pan from waterbath.
- 14. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 15. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen, then let cool 1 hour.
- 16. Refrigerate overnight. when ready to serve use the desired garnish.