Mixed Berry Yogurt with Almonds
This is a fast and easy breakfast, snack, or dessert that is high in protein. I typically use a blend of frozen mixed berries, but fresh berries would be an excellent choice as well. You can prepare this ahead of time so breakfast is waiting for you when you open the fridge. For breakfast on the go, layer it in a small mason jar with a lid.
This recipe contains greek yogurt, berries, almonds, oats
Prep time: 10 min
- 1 cup(s) Greek yogurt (nonfat, plain)
- 1 cup(s) mixed berries (thawed if from frozen)
- Whole almonds (about 10)
- 1/4 cup(s) oats, granola, or other whole grain cereal
- 1. You can put this together a variety of ways. It looks great layered in a glass cup or bowl.
- 2. Variations. This breakfast lends itself to endless variations. If this is for dessert and you want something more decadent, use a creamier vanilla yogurt or layer in a bit of maple syrup on top of the yogurt. Any kind of nut will do (Toast them for maximum crunch and flavor). If you don’t have berries on hand, this works well with just about any fruit.