Mixed Mushroom Sauce Over Tagliatelle Pasta
This is a fabulous tasting mushroom sauce! We cooked the sauce with dried Morels (at about $8/oz) and fresh organic Shitakes and served it over Tagliatelle Pasta. It was delicious and will be repeated as soon as we take out a second loan on the old homestead. Here's the link to the recipe;
This recipe contains unsalted butter, truffle oil, , mushrooms (shiitake), cornstarch, pasta (fettuccine), fresh garlic, chives (fresh), salt, black pepper, cheese (parmesan)
2 servings servings
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- 3 oz olive oil infused with white or black truffel essence
- 1 oz dried Morels, re-hydrated in 4 oz warm water for 20 to 30 minutes, rough chopped. Save the liquid for the sauce.
- 8 oz fresh Shitake mushrooms, sliced 1/4 ". We added a few left over Porcinis.
- 1 1/2 t cornstarch
- 8 oz tagliatelle pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 T fresh chives, chopped
- parmesan cheese to taste
- 1. 1. In a 12" pan, melt the butter in the oil, add the rehydrated mushrooms and saute at low-medium heat for several minutes.
- 2. 2. Add the fresh mushrooms and continue sauteing at low-medium heat until they have softened and the sauce is slightly reduced.
- 3. 3. Add the garlic and continue for 2 minutes.
- 4. 4. Add the cornstarch to the mushroom liquid, mix and put back in the pan to thicken the sauce. Cook this down for about 10 minutes until sauce has right consistency.
- 5. 5. About the time when you add the mushroom liquid to the pan, place the pasta in salted and oiled boiling water and cook according to package directions for al dente, usually about 8-10 minutes.