Mocha Coconut Frappuccino Cupcakes
Mocha Coconut Frappucino Cupcakes from that genius over at How Sweet it Is
This recipe contains , , flour (all-purpose), cocoa powder (dark), instant coffee, baking soda, salt, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, milk (coconut), butter, sour cream, chocolate chips, , butter, sugar, vanilla extract, coconut extract, milk (coconut, lite), coconut, coconut, , sugar (powdered, confectioners), instant coffee, cocoa powder (dark), milk (coconut)
12 Cupcakes servings
Cook time: 15 min
- Mocha Cupcakes
- makes 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/8 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate or cappuccino chips
- Coconut Frosting
- 2 sticks of butter, softened (1 cup)
- 3 2/3 cups powdered sugar + more if needed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of coconut extract (if you don't have this, no big deal)
- 1-2 tablespoons of lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Mocha Coconut Drizzle
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons dark cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk egg and sugar until smooth and no lumps remain. Add milk, butter and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- 3. Sift dry ingredients together and add to wet mixture. Mix until batter is smooth, then stir in sour cream.
- 4. Fold in chocolate chips and mix. Line a muffin tin with liners and using a 1/4 cup measure, add batter to each cup.
- 5. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
- 6. Cream butter in the bowl of an electric mixture until completely smooth and creamy. With the mixer on low speed, add in powdered sugar slowly.
- 7. Gradually increase mixer speed and add vanilla and coconut extracts, then beat for 2-3 minutes, scraping down sides and bottom of the bowl. Continue to whip for another 4-5 minutes, continuously scrapping. If frosting is too thick, add coconut milk 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached If it’s too thin, add powdered sugar gradually until it thickens.
- 8. Fold in shredded coconut and mix until just combined. Frost cupcakes, then sprinkle toasted coconut on top.
- 9. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, then add in one teaspoon of coconut milk. Really mix to combine, as you want it to be glaze-like and easy to drizzle. If too thick, add a drop of coconut milk and stir again. If it accidentally gets too thin, just add a bit more powdered sugar and mix.